Sunday, June 1, 2008

Staying and going

My hubs was supposed to have left today for a 12 day business trip to China and South Korea. It got canceled yesterday. I didn't want him to go for so long a trip, and I was irritated as all get out that he's now here. And while he's insistent that I keep my plans that I have made, part of me feels obligated that I will have to keep all those plans, even if I change my mind on them. Needless to say, it just reinforces the fact that I like to know things in advance and don't tend to work well with rapid change.

I just finished reading Look Me In The Eye: My Life With Asperger's by John Elder Robison. I tore through this book quite quickly, the writing style is really easy to read, and it's an entertaining (and sometimes heart-crushing) read. John Robison had done work with electronics, pyrotechnics, and ended up running his own auto repair business. After reading it, I'm looking at some of my behaviours in a new light (like my reaction to the cancellation of the hub's business trip), and am wondering if any of the constances have experience with autism spectrum disorders? Are there any good resources that explain the various behaviours along the autism spectrum? Thanks for any insights you might have.

No comments: